01 January 2009

2008 In Review - Games

My gaming activities in 2008.

On PC, played Football Manager 2008 for about a week and probably won't play it again, not even the next versions. Otherwise it was mostly the kiddy games - enjoyed Farm Frenzy 2 and Build-A-Lot 2 and 3.

On consoles, played a few new games on Wii but nothing overly impressive, except maybe Super Mario Galaxy.

I bought my PS3 in March. Obviously the game of the year here is GTAIV but also enjoyed Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (well, mostly my wife) and enjoying Resistance: Fall Of Man and Half-Life 2 from The Orange Box. And sadly for Sony, I'm still playing a lot of Winning Eleven 2008 on my PS2.


Will now go in Rant Mode. I bought a PS3 and did not get (and won't ever get) a 360 because I don't want to support Microsoft in their console ambitions. But yet other than that own personal reason of mine, I really don't see why somebody would buy a PS3 instead of a 360.

My PS3 is great and I enjoy myself when playing my games. But 9 months after buying the console, I still only have 6 games. There just aren't many PS3 games for which I'd be willing to fork out $80.

And Sony is being incredibly stupid about the whole thing. Just one example is the 360-exclusive add-ons for GTAIV. Why the hell didn't Sony fight for this? :#

The best thing that can happen in 2009 is somebody finally breaking the copy protection for the PS3. Or Sony could leak it. Then everybody can get cheap games and the PS3 console sales will skyrocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment