03 April 2012

Movie Releases - April 2012

I have some free time today so I thought I'd write about the major movie releases coming in the next couple of weeks.

American Reunion
American Reunion is the only wide release this coming weekend. No wonder that guy in charge of distribution for Wrath of the Titans feels rather confident his movie will earn a decent amount of dosh in its second weekend.

I suppose everybody in my age group would have seen and liked the first three movies. Well, 9 years after the 3rd one, we are served American Reunion. Most of the actors have not done much in these 9 years, which is probably why they all made it back. Seann William Scott was in a few movies for a while, I quite liked The Rundown. Alyson Hannigan went into How I Met Your Mother and has probably been the most successful.

Even if I was still watching movies here in Singapore, I would give this one a miss. You can never know what kind of censoring they will do to R-rated movies. Not worth paying $10 to end up missing out on tits.

Anticipation Factor: 3 out of 5. Tara Reid looks as hot as ever on this movie poster.

 
The Cabin in the Woods
They might be repetitive but I love movies that starts out with 7 or 8 characters who get killed off one by one. I thought this was one of them and to a certain point, I suppose it will be.

But given that it's produced by Joss Whedon and written by the writer of Cloverfield (which I didn't bother watching), there will most likely be some aliens in there. That's also fine with me, I love movies in space that start out with 7 or 8 characters who get killed off one by one.

Anticipation Factor: 4.5 out of 5. What's not to like?



Lockout
From the producers of Taken and also starring Maggie Grace, it's a wonder this movie doesn't have Liam Neeson in it! The plot looks decent enough: set in the near future, "Lockout" follows a falsely convicted ex- government agent, whose one chance at obtaining freedom lies in the dangerous mission of rescuing the President’s daughter from rioting convicts at an outer space maximum security prison.

I love an action movie set in the future. Guy Pearce is a pretty good actor. Not sure why they keep casting Maggie Grace as the "innocent" daughter though.

Anticipation Factor: 3.5 out of 5. That gun looks kick-ass.



The Three Stooges
This movie's poster (see further below) reminds me of Dumb and Dumber. The guy on the left has the exact same haircut that Jim Carrey had. And now I read they're finally doing a sequel.

I haven't seen the original movie or TV series or whatever it was, so no nostalgia for me. The poster boasts "No Brain" as if that's supposed to encourage me. Isn't there enough "No Brain" stuff in reality shows on TV and in 21 Jump Street?

Anticipation Factor: 1 out of 5. Will try but with my finger constantly hovering over the Stop button.


No comments:

Post a Comment