02 April 2012

US Box Office 20120330-20120401

Thought I'd write my thoughts about the Top 5 movies at the US Box Office this past weekend.

1. The Hunger Games
Second week at No.1 for The Hunger Games. If I didn't mind squeezing into your typical Singapore cinema (i.e. packed with rude and inconsiderate people), I would go watch this movie.

It looks very interesting and from what I've seen in the trailers, the only reasons it's often compared to Twilight are that it also comes from a book and that it's making tons of money. Of course, I could be wrong but I will definitely watch this movie at some stage, most likely in the comfort of my home.

2. Wrath of the Titans
I saw Clash of the Titans, thought it was an absolute waste of my time and money and was extremely pissed when I read they were doing a sequel.

But apparently the first one made $61.2 million in its opening weekend, which explains the sequel. This one made $34.2 million but unfortunately, they are not calling it a flop because it's expected to earn more in the coming days and even weeks. I just hope there won't be a third one.

3. Mirror Mirror
Did we really need another Snow White movie and one that stars Julia Roberts? Sounds like she's running out of job offers.

4. 21 Jump Street
I could not even sit through 30 seconds of this movie's trailer. It's so incredibly stupid and juvenile. It's extremely sad and disturbing that we live in a world where this movie has earned $93 million to date.

But then again, The Hangover and its sequel earned a lot more, Snooki and the rest of the Jersey Shore crew are millionaires and you can't flip channels without catching a reality show, so it's obvious there are a lot of stupid people out there.

5. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
I saw the trailer for this one. The kids would find this quite fun but I won't watch it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment